You can find detailed contact information on our contact page.
To contact the person acting as the Data Protection Officer, please write to:
Jeannette Gustavus, Stickman Records, Ochsenwerder Elbdeich 140, 21037 Hamburg, Germany, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
In summary: We will never pass on your information to unauthorized third parties to use for their benefit without asking your permission. We will never sell your information to any third parties. We do not harvest or buy personal data in bulk. We will not collect data about your online activities at any other sites.
Stickman Records needs to collect some of your data in order for you to purchase our products or when you register a customer account, and the information is provided voluntarily. Stickman Records controls the use of your data and is the data processing agent for your personal information in most cases. We protect and process your personal data in accordance with the GDPR.
Read below for all details on what we will and will not do with the data you provide us.
1. The personal data that we collect:
We collect the following data from you:
- First and last name
- Email address and telephone number
- Company name if needed for shipping address
- Complete billing address including street, house number, zip code, city and country
- Complete shipping address including street, house number, PO box or similar if applicable, zip code, city and country
- IP address
When you register an account with us or place an order, we are under the assumption that you have provided your own details and not those of another person. If you fill in someone else’s data, it is necessary that you have the express and voluntary consent of that person.
2. What we do – and don’t do – with your data:
We need your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process and ship orders placed by you
- To match payments made via PayPal or bank transfer to your order for processing
- To confirm your order, confirm your payment and send you an invoice (via email)
- To contact you regarding any shipment delays or problems with your order, or to inform you if a package has been damaged in transit or returned, if applicable
- To send you our opt-in newsletter if you have subscribed to it
- To provide only the data necessary (name, shipping address, email address and telephone number) to the carriers we use (Deutsche Post, DHL, Post NL via mailingtechnology.com) for the purpose of shipping your order to the address you have provided and to provide you with tracking information via email where applicable
Storing and keeping some of your data is required by law, and we follow all of Germany’s statutory requirements for storing data for tax purposes. All paid invoices must be stored in paper form for ten years. All abandoned orders will be deleted after 8 weeks.
You will provide the payment processor (PayPal or bank) with your account and payment details yourself and voluntarily.
What we do not do with your data:
- We will not disclose, sell or otherwise provide your personal data to any unauthorized third parties without your express prior consent
- We will not contact you for marketing purposes via our newsletter unless you have voluntarily opted in
- We do not use any analytic service such as Google Analytics or similar
3. Who/where will process your data:
- Mailchimp: A mass e-mailing/newsletter service based in the United States, opt-in only. Their privacy information is available at
- Deutsche Post/DHL and Post NL: Shipping companies assigned to transport orders to our customers using the shipping address provided
For all order processing purposes, our website and data is stored at a server hosted in Hamburg, Germany called Artfiles New Media GmbH.
As of May 16, 2018, we have a so-called “Auftragsverarbeitungsvertrag” (order processing contract) with Artfiles according to Art. 28 Paragraph 3 of the DSGVO, which assures that both parties, Artfiles and Stickman Records, comply with the GDPR.
4. How long we have to keep your data:
As stated above, we are required to keep invoice copies in paper form for ten years for tax law purposes. After this period, your invoice will be irreversibly (and gleefully) destroyed.
Inactive accounts will be deleted after 12 months of inactivity.
Failed/unpaid orders will be deleted after 8 weeks.
Cancelled orders will be deleted after 2 weeks.
Paid and processed (completed) orders will be deleted after 12 months.
Any personal data gathered by us for the purpose of sending a newsletter (opt-in only) will be kept until such time that you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this newsletter.
5. You have the following rights:
You have the following rights regarding the personal data we collect:
- You can review your current data at any time by logging in to your account
- You have the right to be informed at any time about your personal data saved, its origin, the recipients as well as the purpose of its being saved, and to have this data anonymized or deleted.
To request your user data, send an email to email@example.com
Anonymization requests, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To delete your user data, send an email to email@example.com
- You can transfer your data to another data controller without restriction
- You can opt out of receiving our newsletter at any time
- You have the right to complain about how we have handled your personal data by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org
For all requests, please make sure to use the email address that corresponds to your account or your orders!
Feel free to contact us at any time via the address found in the Legal Notice in this regard or if you should have any questions on this subject.
6. Information about server log files and cookies:
Server log files
The website provider automatically gathers and saves information in so-called server log files, which your browser automatically transmits to us. This includes:
- Browser type / version
- Operating system used
- Referrer URL
- Host name of accessing computer
- Time of server request
It is not possible to assign this data to specific people. A consolidation of this data with other data sources is not carried out. Log files will be deleted after 30 days by default. We reserve the right to check this information after the fact if we have been made aware of unlawful use.
The website uses so-called cookies in various places. Cookies will not damage your computer and do not contain viruses. They serve to make our website more user-friendly, effective and secure. Cookies are small text files which are stored on your computer and saved by your browser.
Most of the cookies we use are so called “session cookies”. They are automatically deleted once your visit has ended.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Functional cookies (Session cookies):
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
Marketing cookies (third party cookies) are:
YouTube VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE cookie (expires after 179 days) .
Cookie purpose description: Tries to estimate the users’ bandwidth on pages with integrated You Tube videos.
YouTube YSC, session cookie: Registers a unique ID to keep statistics of what videos from You Tube the user has viewed.
You can reset your marketing cookie preference by accepting cookies in the cookie banner or by clicking here to revoke cookie consent:
Accept Cookies by clicking "Accept" in the banner.
The cookie settings on this website are set to “allow functional and session cookies”.
Embedded content from other websites: Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
7. General information about data security:
During the ordering process, your personal data will be transmitted over the internet via SSL. We secure our website and other systems by means of technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, change or distribution of your data by unauthorized parties. Access to your customer account is only possible after entering your personal password. Always treat your access information in a confidential manner and close the browser when ending your communication with us, especially when sharing a computer with others.